Practical Project Management
Regular price $11.95
Practical Project Management
Do you need to manage a project?
And do you want to deliver it on time, on budget, and to requirement?
If you are new to project management - or just want a refresher, this course will give you all the basics and more.
Project management has become a vital element of business life. Success for both you and your organisation will depend on good project management skills.
How do you set up to succeed? This seminar shows you the practical tools, techniques and advice you need.
It is based on Mike's best selling three-hour live seminar and contains over two and a half hours of video, and a wealth of additional templates and short articles.
What people say about Mike's live seminar...
“This did what it said on the box – a great deal of practical ideas for planning and managing tasks, along with understanding of key principles for successful delivery"
Andrea Duncan, PDP Co-ordinator – University of Northampton
“One of the best seminars I've attended in the last 17 years. Enjoyable practical and useful. I would highly recommend this course"
Diane Massey – DSM Legal Solicitors
“If you've never had formal training in project management – you'll learn a huge amount about processes and the secrets to succeeding in your projects"
Paul Foxall, Senior Project Officer – Sandwell MBC
“Excellent seminar. I have been on previous project management course. This one seemed very different and much better due to brilliant examples Mike gave."
Emma Oliver, Marketecture
“Excellent content, clearly delivered. Really enjoyed Mike's course and found it exceptionally useful."
Nick Osborn, Fenland RP Ltd
“Very useful. Many excellent strategies to help guide project managers."
Rob Simpson, Basis (Registration) Ltd
“A great overall introduction to project management. I learnt a lot and have a lot I can start to implement tomorrow!"
Catherine Mendham, Content Consultants
“Very practical, very useful. Gives confidence in knowing what is important and what is not. Mike is a very engaging speaker."
Louisa Davison, Secret Agent Marketing
“An excellent introduction and reminder of some of the fundamentals of project management."
Chris Price, Pulse PM Ltd
After this video programme, you will be able to:
- Understand how projects work and be able to control your project process
- Deploy some of the main ways to avoid budget and schedule over-runs
- Define your project precisely, for your benefit and everyone else's
- Establish a clear scope, so you can combat the dreaded 'scope creep'
- Deal effectively with supporters, critics and bystanders
- Create time scales on getting the job done using milestone planning
- Be able to use the world's favourite project planning tool: the Gantt chart
- Achieve fair and effective allocation of project responsibilities
- Get the most from your team: motivation, collaboration and communication
- Predict problems and plan your responses
- Assess which risks to deal with first
- Apply all six strategies for action on risks available to use
- Deliver the job on budget, on target, and on time
- Stay in control when people change their minds
- Complete the three key tasks to finally close down your project
Dr Mike Clayton
Mike is on of the UK's leading project delivery experts. He has many years experience of managing projects and integrating change in many companies of varying sizes. Mike has had key roles in managing multi-million pound projects for Vodafone, General Motors, BAA and Transport for London. Organisations of all sizes have benefited from his skills in integrating complex change. You will get real results as his highly practical approach simplifies complex ideas.
Mike also has over 20 years' experience of training project managers, throughout the UK and in Europe and the US. He is the author of thirteen top-selling business, management, and personal effectiveness books, including four on project management topics:
- How to Manage a Great Project (Pearson, 2014)
- The Influence Agenda (about stakeholder engagement) (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)
- Brilliant Project Leader (Pearson, 2012)
- Risk Happens! (Marshall Cavendish, 2011)
Check out the rest of our store for other great products!
Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org